Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Well, there you have it... off the wagon already. But, back on. Funny thing.. pms did not derail me this time.. I was WAY motivated.. but then with TOM and sliding motivation with the holiday I FELL. Well, now I have a choice to make. I can stay down here.. or I can get back up, dust off, and get going again.
One thing I have NOT done well is exercise.
With snow and ice all around and expected to stay for quite a while (and with a LOT of metal hardware in my foot) walking outside is not an option. That however is my FAVORITE form of exercise when I am not overly motivated so I have been thinking. I need to move. I need something I will DO. So what???
First I thought, the treadmill... its walking. But I don't LIKE the treadmill.. even when watching tv. Then I thought dvds.. but reviewing them.. nope I don't want those either.
After much debating with myself here is my decision.
First- when possible I WILL walk outside for the 1.5 mile loop.
Second if that is not possible I will choose one of the following:
- walk on treadmill during a show. I do not need to walk fast.. I do need to do a minimum of one mile for it to meet my requirement.
- play a wii active game for 20 min.. can be wii fitness, walk it out, a dance game, etc (if with kids even BETTER)
- shovel snow.. but must be 20 min to count as my fitness
- do spark videos totaling a minimum of 20 min.
- dance for 20 min or more.. will be more if I can get hubby to go out with me.
These are my 20 min days.. and I will do them at LEAST 3 days per week.
Other days I must do at least 10 min.... from the following
- half mile on the treadmill (hopefully I will go beyond this, but this will work)
- 10 min video segment
- 10 min strength training
- 10 min dancing
I want it to become a habit of exercising.
Further I pledge that when watching BL when it comes on I will walk on the treadmill for the first 30 min of the show and do strength training periodically throughout.
Additionally I will MENU PLAN, not day by day but week by week. AND I will prep veggies and meats when I get home from shopping, to remove the excuse of too hard or time consuming in the evenings.
This week (remaining) Dinners:
chicken and veggie kabobs, tomato and cucumber salad
turkey chili on baked potato
mexican soup and salad
chicken and veggie stir fry