My Goals For 2013
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
I am setting my goals for 2013. By sharing these goals, I will be forced to be more accountable. So, here goes....................
1. I will lose 30 pounds or more in 2013 by continuing to use the Weight Watchers program
I will achieve this by losing .5 to 1.5 per week between now and December 31, 2013.
2. I will weigh in at Weight Watchers once a week and attend a meeting 3+ times per month
I will not let other people get me to do other things instead of staying with my Weight Watchers routine. I will weigh in the day before or the day after if I have to miss my regular day.
3. I will earn 25,000+ fitness minutes in 2013
I will achieve this by exercising 5- 6 days per week. If I choose to exercise on my rest day, I will do only an easy workout and force myself to rest my muscles and avoid injury.
4. I will continue to drink 64+ ounces of water per day
This has been helpful in 2012 because sometimes I'm just thirsty and not actually hungry. It is easy to confuse the two. This worked for me as a tool to fight overeating in 2012 and I will gladly use it again in 2013!
5. I will take a snack plus a fruit or veggie with me whenever I am away from home.
This is one of my Weight Watchers goals. The combination of eating a fruit or veggie with every snack actually gets rid of hunger between meals and makes me feel satisfied!
6. I will plan out what I am going to eat for breakfast and lunch every day.
This will help me monitor what I'm eating in the early part of the day. It will also keep me from skipping meals and overeating in the evening.
7. I will calculate the number of points in food before putting it in my mouth
This is a Weight Watchers strategy that I think will be a good goal for me. I'm already getting into the habit of doing this. I want to get so good at this that I will make healthier food choices in 2013!
8. I will pay attention to the pain/ fatigue signals that my body gives me
This goal needs a lot of work! Instead of pushing through pain and fatigue and/or ignoring it, I will pay attention to my body's signals. This means either following my current treatment plan, seeking new treatment or just resting to allow my body time to repair itself.
9. I will not treat chronic pain with food
I will seek appropriate treatment for pain instead of just living with it and trying to treat it alone by eating my way through it. This is a goal that I started in late 2012 and I think it is a good one to continue to use in 2013.
10. I will go to sleep when I'm tired - 7+ hours per night
Instead of pushing through fatigue to complete one more item on my "to do" list, I will stop and rest. If this means that I'm not active on the computer for a day or so, then that is what I need to do. I will use rest to combat fatigue instead of food. I will give up those late nights packed with activities that can wait until tomorrow!
These are my goals for 2013. I will post these goals where I can see them at home. I will review the goals every 3 months to see how I am doing, then analyze my behavior and post my progress.