30 Commitments for 30 days
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
That's right.... I will be posting my progress on my blog if you would like to check it out. angoraamora.blogspot.com
What would your 30 be?
Here is the short version of mine, more in depth explanation on my blog
The title really says it all. I am picking 30 things I want to be doing every day, and committing myself for the next 30 days to make sure they happen. I hope to add some pics and videos to make this a bit more interesting. But...I am going to be very busy for the next 30 days....so more doing than blogging about what I want to do ;)
1. God first always right? A bible study from the book The Tree of Confidence. I have the work book to go along with it.
2. Memorize Scripture. Since I am studying the tree of Confidence I will pick scriptures from this book as I go along in the study. I am not so good at memorization, so I don't intend to try to pull off 30 scriptures in 30 days. I just intend to work on memorization for 30 days. :) Lets be a little realistic shall we!
3. OK...this one is something I want to do, should have been doing all along, used to do when my older kids were growing up, and have no idea why I stopped. Yet I know for some reason it will be hard to commit to. I have got to where I don't like to do this, and I really don't understand myself. I just tell myself that's not the real me... the true Christ in me wants this...so do it. Attend Wed, Friday, Sunday services and 1 prayer meeting every week.
4. Getting up early. 5 a.m. Why 5 a.m. Cuz....that's the number that came to mind. I am not a morning person,and if it is 6 am 7am it isn't going to matter, it's still going to be hard to get up and stay up.So, lets try 5 am for 30 days. But...on day 31 I am sleeping in I tell you. ;)
5. Write a letter. I used to write letters all the time. It was something I truly enjoyed and I have gotten away from that. Time to get back to it. Yes 1 letter every day for the next 30 days. I can do it. :)
6. Feed the pets in the morning. I usually wait until the evening to feed all the animals.It will be better for everyone if I do this chore early in the morning.
7. Oh...almost forgot already, take my vitamins.
8.Only kennel Gigi at night or when we are gone. Sigh....this will be hard. She gets into stuff pretty badly so it has been easy to just kennel her to keep her in line. So...that has got to stop sometime. I think this will be the one that drives me nuts, and I will be tempted to not complete for the full 30 days. But I must be strong and do it. Time for Gigi to get her manners on. I may keep her on a leash near me though if she gets to out of hand...
9. Make Big guy wear his glasses and eye patch. I don't know how I will accomplish this...he hates wearing his glasses and "loses" them all the time. I may have to duct tape them to his head...just a joke, don't go haten on me.
10. Clean something that hasn't been cleaned in a while. Yes...I know I have at least 30 things that have not been cleaned in a while in my home. Sad isn't it.
11. Exercise every day. Normally I hate that word. But my exercise of choice is the hula hoop... This should be fun and yes... I'll try to get a video at the beginning and a video at the end of my efforts. Should be good for a laugh anyway.
12.Read to the boys. Big guy will loves this. Bam bam will fight this. Can't please everyone.
13. Make the boys do their piano lessons. No this doesn't count as someone else doing something. Have you ever tried to make someone do something. Much harder than doing something yourself I tell you. But...no sense in taking lessons if they will not practice.
14. Greet my husband at the door when he comes home. No, I haven't been doing this. Won't he be pleasantly surprised.
15. A random act of kindness. It doesn't have to be a big RAOK. But something nice, unexpected for someone else every day for 30 days. I have no idea what yet...but I know it will come to me.
16 Knit (no I don't do that everyday, funny how people think if your an at home mom all you do is fun stuff every day...but for the next 30...oh yeah!)
17. Spin fiber...no I don't do that everyday either. Boy, I really like this one. But you know it is hard to do stuff like this daily cuz so many must do's call your name.
18. Make my bed. Hang my head in shame...no I don't make my bed...perhaps everyonce in a while...
19. Work on Gigi jumping through a hoop. Wouldn't that just be the cutest thing!
20. Wear perfume. I haven't done that in so long....sigh...looking forward to it.
21. Not eat fast food. Wow....did I actually put that on the list!
22. Sweep the kitchen floor.
23. Vacuum the living room floor. (boy my house is going to look nice)
24. Brush Pokey...not because her fur needs it, but because her lonely heart does.
25. Go out side for at least 15 minutes solid. I tend to stay indoors as much as possible during winter.
26. Ask Calvin if there is anything he needs. Wouldn't it be nice to have someone offer to do something for you every day for 30 days... I think he will like this one.
27. Drink that water...8 8oz ever day. Ugh
28. Sing the lullaby to the boys at night. I have gotten out of this since I had a respitory thing going on. Time to get back to it, even if I sound like a frog...or have to whisper/sing.
29. Clean the toilet...no I haven't been doing this everyday. Shouldn't everyone.
30. Last but not least in any sense, just making sure I end my 30 the right way. Thank the Lord for this day. It's a gift from Him. Lets not waste it.