Wednesday, January 02, 2013
My maintenance period is over. I didn't do so bad. I am at 250.5 pounds. I stayed within 5 pounds. I am very happy that I could maintain because that just proves to me that once I hit my goal weight I will be able to maintain.
Who wants to loss all the weight and then just gain it back? I sure don't!
Now that the New Year is here... I have my resolutions:
1. Weight: Last year I lost 88 pounds. This year goal is 51 pounds. I want the end of this year to be in Onelander. I have seen a 100 anything since I was in 7th Grade. That is less then a pound a week. Since I am not just dreaming or wishing this is how I will attack on my fat :)
Friday, I went to the shoe store brought a new pair of sneakers because my old ones are falling apart. They are my Christmas and New Year's present to myself. (My excuse not to work out every day.)
I called my gym on Monday and I made an appointment for the Wellness Clinic which last 12 weeks. I will be held accountable. I was surprised that the clinic is included in my membership!
This morning I took all the leftover candy, cakes, cookies and chocolate brought them to work! My home is healthy and less tempting again.
2. Education: I am continuing to peruse my degree again. I haven't taken any course since my son is born. Now that I am more confident in my role as a mom I will be taking at least two classes by this summer. Until then I believe I have given myself enough time to apply for grants and loans. I have to figure out what school I want to transfers my credits too.
3. Work: I am planning on staying at my current job at least until I finish my degree. They are very flexible and understand of family life. I figure my degree will take me at least a year and half to two years to finish. Once I have my degree and I have work experience I will be able to get into a great career.
4. Home: I want to volunteer again. I haven't really volunteered since before I got pregnant. I will volunteer at least once a month. I am going to check into a homeless shelter or AIDS clinic. Both of them mean a lot to me. I feel very strongly that Kaleb needs to see the world and what live is out there. I want to show him that everyone needs to help others.
5. I will start reading more. I have all these books that I have picked up and never open. I will be reading a book every three months. I am a very slow reader. That is more than enough time even with a busy schedule to read a book.
FYI: My sister hasn't had the baby, yet.