So as I mentioned in my last blog, 2012 pretty much destroyed all of my previous weight loss successes. Here is a rundown of where I stand compared to where I first started w/ Sparkpeople 4 years ago:
Weight: 13.6 lb. down (best -84 lb.)
Body fat %: 2.4% down (best -13.3%)
Upper arms: 0.25 in. down (best -2.75 in.)
Chest: no difference (best -8.25 in.)
Waist: 0.75 in. down (best -7.5 in.)
Hips: 1.25 in. down (best -8.5 in.)
Thighs: 0.75 in. down (best -5 in.)
Calves: 0.5 in. down (best -3.5 in.)
As you can see from the results above, fortunately I haven't undone "everything" that I've achieved... but from my best results in parenthesis, obviously I've done ALOT of damage to my body over the past year (or two)! Basically, I've been on a downward spiral since my hip replacement back in Jan. 2011. Now it's time to stop it...
I plan to use all tools available to me to finally reach my goals...
1. KickStart: a public program offered by my gym to help anyone who wants to participate get off to a good start w/ weight loss efforts (begins tomorrow)
2. Lifestyle Change: a private program offered by gym to help a small group of participants (max 15) in a "Biggest Loser" fashion, utilizing personal trainers, nutritionists & lifestyle coaches to achieve success w/ weight loss efforts (begins next week)
3. Weight Loss Partner: my future daughter-in-law, who is currently living w/ us, is going to be my "partner in crime" in both of these programs... which will be a nice change since I'm usually fighting this battle all on my own
4. FitBit: treated myself to a FitBit Zip for an early Christmas present, as well as their Aria scale... so in addition to SP, I also have the FitBit website to help me be successful w/ my efforts
5. Ultimate Goal: in addition to the obvious goal of better health, and looking & feeling good about myself... we have changed our plans for our 10th anniversary... we are planning to go on a Western Caribbean cruise instead! So now I need to be as focused as possible so that I can look my best so that I'm not embarrassed to be in my swimsuit while in the tropics!
So... 2013 will be MY year... the year I finally reach my own Finish Line...
Ladies & Gentlemen... start your engines!!!!!