Wednesday, January 02, 2013
A few years ago I used to choose one word to focus on during the year. I had forgotten about that tradition when I started writing goals for the year. But I was reminded of this tradition from another SparkFriend and thought I wanted to do this again. Sometimes it is just easier to remember one word than try and focus on a whole list of goals.
So my word for this year is: STRONG (definition with help from dictionary.com)
1. having, showing, or able to exert great bodily or muscular power; physically vigorous or robust: A strong 62 year old lady
2. accompanied or delivered by great physical, mechanical, etc., power or force: a strong handshake; With one strong blow the lady knocked out her attacker
3. mentally powerful or vigorous: She may be old, but her mind is still strong.
4. especially able, competent, or powerful in a specific field or respect: She's very strong in nursing skills. She's weak at throwing, but she's a strong runner.
5. of great moral power, firmness, or courage: strong under stress.
6. powerful in influence, authority, resources, or means of prevailing or succeeding: a strong leader.
7. aggressive; willful: a strong personality.
These are just a few definitions of strong that I like. The examples are my own (qualities I hope to aspire to)