Wednesday, January 02, 2013
I have 5 resolutions which are fairly simple and obtainable. And 5 goals which aren't all as easy.
1. Take a multi-vitamin daily. So simple but I hate taking pills and this is like taking a pill.
2. Don't forget to floss. Those extra seconds in the morning can be found!
3. Eat fewer muffins. I eat too many. They don't seem to be hurting my cholesterol (175 when I donated blood last month) but can't be helping my weight loss effort.
4. Appreciate rest. I always plan a rest day a week but don't always take one.
5. Donate more to charity.
1. Press my body weight. I'm at 74%. This will help me strength train and also lose weight. The more weight I lose, the easier this goal becomes.
2. Bike 1,200+ miles. Last year's total was 800.5. Not much, but the most in years.
3. Run 1,500 miles. Last year's total was 1,252.3. This is 125 a month and since I WILL be injured less this year, I should be able to do this.
4. Run a trail 100K. Meeting goal #3 will help this. The idea is to run 62 miles at age 62 although I am now wondering why my goal isns't to run 62K at age 62. I've done over that distance a few times, although not recently.
5. Stay alive and well. I had 2 good friends die in 2012. Both about 10 years younger than me. I'd like my goal to be to have no friends die in 2013 but that is further outside my control.