Not all of it has been good, but that is how life goes. Now I am attempting to pick myself up, dust off, and get my rear back in gear. in honor of that, this blog is all about me. not trying to brag or be a bore, just marking my accomplishments (and stating some ugly truths) that NEVER would have happened if it hadn't been for SparkPeople and my SparkBuddies! (not the ugly part though. that is all on me.)
its been an incredibly difficult year for me. it started off wonderfully, but turned sad in August when my Dad passed away. it has been a big struggle for me, but thanks to my family and SparkBuddies, I am making my way back to wonderful. you know how folks leave Spark or whatever diet/fitness thing they are on and start gaining weight back. I have been saying for over 2 years that it wont happen to me. I will NEVER go back. NEVER! it happened. the old saying, never say never.
a popular thing to do is post stats for the past 12 months. okay, I will jump on that one. not nearly as great as I would have liked, but :
736.52 miles. that is combined. Swim, walk, run, pedal. no idea how many total minutes for 2012. however, since the start of my SparkLife on 3/24/2010, 47134 minutes for an average of 46.48 minutes/active day. and considering that from August 1 to December 31 i only got in 88.32 miles, that is huge!
In 2012 I :
* started the year at 163 pounds and ended the year at 167 pounds. grrrrrr! the scale is headed the wrong direction! I was down to 157 in September, but gained 10 pounds since then. my clothes are tighter for sure.
* lead 2 - C25K groups at my church from January to March, and we did the race for the cure 5k for our graduation. I will find out tomorrow if there are folks who want to do this again for 2013.
*learned how to swim so that I could “compete” in a triathlon with my cousin JaneTris.
* ran 7 - 5ks, took 3rd place in my age group twice. 2nd in my age group once. and 1st in my age group twice.
* participated in 3 Sprint triathlons. one a fully timed practice with a group of folks I didn’t know. I was so stinking scared! and 2 tris that were chip timed events. I finished them all, not in grand fashion, but I did it!
* volunteered at a Sprint triathlon for the group who allowed me to practice with them. what a blast that was!
* participated in a wonderful community service event, Convoy of Hope. that was super awesome. a lot of people were blessed not just in receiving help but in giving help too. it was such a wonderful event that our church is going to host it again in 2013!
*Solicited for donations for the WKSR radio auction that benefited the Giles County Help Center. then I actually had to go work at the auction collecting money and handing out winnings. that was fun. I learned a lot about the local people. I enjoyed it so much that I am doing it again this year.
*twice I got to stay with my niece and her family while she had surgery. I got to keep up with a 5 and 6 year old. that was a huge challenge, but a good one. I am not nearly as old a grouch as I thought I was!
*survived a rough year of marriage. who hasn’t had one of those years before, ugh! thanks to Fireproof and the Love Dare challenge, I have learned a lot and I think we will be good for at least another 15 years. celebrating our 16th anniversary on valentines day.
*This is HUGE! i learned this from ~IndyGirl www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
i finally figured out what I need to do to stay on top of things around the house. its got to be a job. like a 9-5, but I am my own boss. I need to get up every morning and treat this house like it is my business. I did that this morning and my gosh what a great feeling it was! so nice to be motivated and capable and not lazing around. I got up, dressed for success (tennis shoes, yoga pants, fitness shirt) and took off working. I plan on doing it again tomorrow. though I do have to go to town for a dental appointment, but I am still going to make it happen.
*I am going to spend more time out of my comfort zone this year. I don’t know what all I will be up to, but be sure that I will be here telling you all about it. Thanks so much to all of you for helping me move on. for kicking my behiney. for tossing me a rope and keeping tension on it. for the many hugs and love I have received from you all. you will never know just how much you all mean to me.
If you haven't already, I hope you will take charge of your life in 2013.
To God Be The Glory.