Take a deep breath and Make a fresh start.
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
I am committing to making a new year plan and taking baby steps to get back to where I was in September.
I started SparkPeople in May and from May to September I lost 26 pounds. Then I got a job. I have been a stay at home mom for 12 years and re-entering the work force was tough. I maintained for a while but then gained back 6 pounds.
So first steps for my health plan...
1. Once again...I have to get the diet soda monkey off my back.
Replacement behavior...drink more water and for a treat decaf green tea and herbal teas.
2. Ignorance is not bliss...I need to know what is going into my body.
Positive Behavior...track my food intake on the food tracker. If I can't get to the food tracker, write it on a memo pad in my purse to input later.
3. Sedentary couch potato does not become me.
Replacement behavior...begin walking program again...look up Cto5K plans and pick one.
4. Working and running the house is hard. Don't just give up and order pizza.
Replacement behaviors...admit that it is hard and put on your big girl panties and meal plan, cook ahead, multi-task, give up extra computer time to get stuff done. It will pay off in the end.
5. Wheat and sugar cause me real cravings and son does better off of gluten with his Asperger's Syndrome.
Recommit to keeping us both gluten free. Try to get dh and other ds to go with a gluten free home. After gluten is under control, slowly reduce added sugars in diet and in the process of doing those things-- most processed foods.
For my spirit...
1. I am doing this jar project where you take a small piece of paper and date it each day and then put a memory or lesson learned or gratitude on the paper and drop it in the jar. December 31, 2013 you take out the papers and read through all your memories.
2. I need to set up an area in my house where I can scrapbook. It is my favorite hobby and I haven't given myself any time to it lately. It makes me happy so I should.
3. Slowly but surely the house needs an overhaul. Decluttering, maintenance and painting.
As I accomplish some of the 5 health steps I'll try to find other areas to work on.
Good luck to everyone in your pursuits in 2013.