Review of 2012 & Goals for 2013
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
2012 has not been the best year for me. My focus on my own health has been up and down throughout the year. I am up about 5 lbs since last year at this time. I had planned to be 25 lbs down by this time.
Bumps in the road:
1. Husband had completely blocked coronary artery & a heart attack in May.
2. Husband diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in September.
3. As husband in self-employed, money has been tight with husband out of work some due to illness .
4. Used credit cards too much!
5. I did not compete in any triathlons or 10K races in 2012 (Had to skip my planned 10k due DH heart attack day before the race).
1. I am generally healthy even though I am overweight.
2. My kids & extended family are healthy.
3. Husband is doing well now.
4. We have wonderful, supportive friends.
5. I have a stable, rewarding job that I love.
6. We have held finances together.
7. I ONLY gained 5 lbs.
2013 will be a better year!
1. Remember to enjoy my family & friends.
2. Sleep at least 7 hours each night.
3. Make exercise a priority- I will adjust my fitness goals on a monthly basis to keep myself from becoming bored. (January exercise plan: yoga 4 x week, walk 10,000 steps each day).
4. Journal food daily.
5. Blog at least monthly to keep connected to my goals & to monitor my progress.
6. Budget to pay down credit card debt.
7. Finish one triathlon by October.
8. Run in one 10K in May.
9. Be at goal weight of 135 lbs by 2014. (Approx 20 lb loss).