Tuesday, January 01, 2013
I normally don't make New Year's resolutions. I generally just reflect on the previous year and then talk about what I'd like to achieve in the coming year. I set various goals throughout the year at different times, however. I've just found that for me, making this grand gesture on the first day of the year creates a lot of unnecessary pressure.
That being said, I am part of the Biggest Loser Challenge here on SP and this week, that challenge is to create a list of goals. They are supposed to be realistic, short-term, and attainable. So here are my January 2013 goals:
1. Exercise for 20 minutes+ at least 3 times per week
2. Apply, interview, and be offered a 9-5 job in my field that uses my degree and pays a reasonable salary
3. Pay off at least $1,000 towards debt
4. Regulate my sleeping pattern (still working out the details of this, but mostly it will entail going to bed and waking at the same times EVERY day)
5. Drink at least 4 glasses of water per day