Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Fellow sparkers have inspired me to set some goals, and I'll been mulling this over as I've been getting ready to head back to school tomorrow.
Here we go - in no particular order:
* Run the Flutie 5k again, and at least one or two more throughout the year.
* Look into running a 10k and try this summer to train/see if I can go that far! (2014 goal?)
* Hit 140 and maintain within +/- 5lbs for a while, then decide if itís where I want to be, or keep going
* Work to make my life more balanced with work and home
* Plan and do one fun thing/outing per month with the WHOLE family
* ENJOY my students more and not succumb to the time and administrative pressure or let it dampen my mood
* Work on decluttering my house with a 5 minute 'room rescue' at least 4x/week (in addition to trying to stay on top of all the other stuff!!! ugh)
There are many other things I want to do, much of it just boiling down to organization of so many things in my home, classroom, etc., but I'll start with working on the clutter and room rescues at home. I need to clean out the closets in my classroom, but my home is where I need to start...remember that balance thing?
Ok. Done. Documented. I'll refer back to this blog many times this year and check on my progress! All seem like doable, realistic goals and I'm looking forward to accomplishing them and crossing them off my list.
I'd like to note - I didn't even put on my list any kind of exercise or eating plans/goals other than the 5k and a weight goal. Eating right and exercising is just a given!! What a mindset change from a year ago. Go me!
Happy New Year everyone! I'd ask you to wish me luck, but I know it's up to ME to make it happen! And I plan on it!
*Edit! ADDITION: Clean out my email inbox and organize my 'likes' on pinterest onto boards! lol!