Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Welcome to a new year....a new start and a great time to set in motion what this year will bring. This year is going to be great because I've set goals that are easy to follow and I have the back up at home to keep me going. So this year I'm not going to make resolutions...I'm making goals!
Go to weekly Weight Watchers meeting with my husband.
- We are starting on 1/6/13 for our first meeting. We had planned on Saturday meetings but with him starting to ref for basketball games we had to move it to Sunday. I'm excited to go and get started back on this. I've tried to do the program on my own and have failed. When I was going to the weekly meeting before I was being held accountable at the weigh ins and I know that is what I need at this time. I also know that with my husband going with me this will be the driving force I need at home too.
Get in the Cardio miles/time in
- I am starting back at the gym and for the next 6 weeks I have joined a challenge on FB to get in as many miles as I can.
- I also have Just Dance 4 and have vowed to do the Just Sweat daily even if it is only for 10 min a day/night. (it is so addicting that once you start you want to do more and more)
Do AB workout with daughter daily
- My daughter said to me that she wants to firm up her abs. I have taken two moves on the yoga ball and we will be doing 3 reps of 10 each day. My hope is that by summer I can add a couple more moves to this routine.
Get in my daily water
- I know that I have to get in my water and to drink less coffee everyday. I know that this is key in weight loss. I'm aiming for 2 to 3 liters a day.
Monthly date with hubby that incorporates working out.
- Walks in the park, bike rides, hikes, roller skating...anything that brings on a workout and that we can do together and have fun doing!
Monthly and yearly weight loss
- Over all I would love to lose 8 to 10 pounds a month for the first 6 months.
This would give me an over all lose of 48 to 60 by June. I would not be at my goal weight but I would be at a great place for the start of summer.
- I would still have 25 to 35 pounds by the end of the year to finally be at my goal weight by 2014.
So that is the long term goal, but for now I will be focusing on the short term monthly goal. With Weight Watchers it is a focus of the first 10% which for me will be about 20ish pounds. If I can keep to my plan I will hit this goal within 2 months and will be on a great path for the start of this year.
I would love to get on here daily and blog, but I know me and I will be good for a few days and then bomb. LOL So what I have decided is to blog weekly and this will be on the day that I go to my meetings. That way I can talk about my goods or bads and talk about what I learned in the meetings....it's all about helping me and others.