If I were to wish for anything particular to come out of the next 12 weeks of commitment, focus, and dedication, I would wish for the following:
* to feel more energy and endurance, not getting winded walking up stairs
* to feel the emotional rewards of successful weight loss
* to feel physically strong and powerful
* to feel emotionally strong and powerful
* to be able to run comfortably again
* to get to a fitness level where I can start training again for adventure races
* to make people notice and ask about my wellness success
* to motivate friends and family that they can make similar choices and achieve similar results
* to have a need to shop for fun new clothes
* to see the muscle definition that I used to have
* to see no more dimples and bumps where smooth skin used to be
* to get smooth, toned skin back where it's supposed to be
* to feel no more jiggly belly when riding in the car
* to feel and look great in a bathing suit
* to hear comments behind my back like, "Wow, did you see how fit she looks," or "Dude, I bet she could beat you up."
* to be able to bench press 180 lbs and squat 350 again
This is a big wish list. I know that I can reach a number of my wishes in just 12 weeks, and I know that I will have to work towards others on a more long-range set of goals. The way I will measure if I am truly making progress is by journaling daily, keeping accurate nutrition and fitness records, and reflecting regularly on all of my data to determine progress and challenges.
Progresses will be celebrated and challenges will be overcome by transforming ineffective patterns and actions.
Success takes only 3 things: good choices, will power, and forgiveness for mistakes. Right now I have all of these in my corner. YEA!