25,000-29,999 SparkPoints 27,562

Expect AMAZING!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I heard that quote on the new Weight Watchers 360 commercial and knew I just had to adopt it as my mantra for 2013! I just updated my Sparkpage and decided that quote was my theme for this year. Last year I had "2012...No More Excuses". I stopped the sugar completely as of 1/23, I cut back dramatically on eating food from work and started bringing meals from home. It made a tremendous difference in my life physically and financially.

Yesterday, I watched the WW 360 commercial and then the wheels started spinning in my head. Have I done it before? Yes. Have a lost weight? Yes- 100 lbs to be exact. Did I gain it back? Yes. Why? Life happened. But from what I understand, this newest WW (celebrating 50 years), seems to be right up my alley. I am at the point where I am not looking for a diet! I want to get healthy. I want to be fit. One of my New Years goals is to be able to run effortlessly. I have signed up to walk/jog/run 1,000 miles in the year 2013. That's a big goal for me but I am up for the challenge!

Tomorrow I will go and weigh in for the first time in a long time. I plan to show up with face made up and a positive attitude. I don't really know what I expect the #'s to show. But in the end, they are just #'s and it's just a starting place, right? No where to go but down. I will weigh in once a week. I will NOT weigh in at home. Matter of fact, I may decide to get rid of my scale as it never seems to weigh me correctly. I'm really excited to attend the meeting and I pray it's a success. A friend of mine has agreed to go with me and that is another plus.

My attitude for 2013 is to EXPECT AMAZING...and I want to expect amazing in all areas of my life this year. I want to become a Life Group Leader at my church. Since I never have done this, I hope to become an apprentice this semester and hopefully acquire the skills to follow what I feel God is calling me to do. I want to do better with finances and pay a little at a time instead of letting things build up over time. I want to reconnect with friends and family who I haven't spent much time with and some family I haven't even seen in over a year. I want to find a job where I am making a difference. Where I can lead/train others to do things the right way.

I want for this to be a positive year. Don't get me wrong...I'm not delusional. I know things won't be perfect. I know that life will happen. But I know also that the way I choose to react to the way life happens will make all the difference in the world. I heard this quote from Steve Harvey last month that I am totally paraphrasing: 10% of life is what happens to you. The remaining 90% is what you do about it/how you react to it. Don't be afraid to reinvent yourself.

I would love to reinvent myself to be a millionaire. But in the meantime, I'm gonna work with what I've got emoticon

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    I know you can do it too! BTW, I resigned up for WW on 12/31 :-) There are good things in store for us in 2013!
    1899 days ago
    I too believe in you and KNOW that you can anything you SET your mind too ! You are a powerful and wonderful woman !!



    1900 days ago
    Very motivational! Your attitude and the uplifting tone in your words tell me that this year is going to be amazing for you! I hope all goes well at your meeting. It sounds like you have made some very attainable goals for yourself and I admire that. Please keep us updated on your progress - I cannot wait to see how far you go in 2013!!
    Also, thank you for the kind comments on my blog. It means so much to have the support of my SparkFriends. emoticon
    1900 days ago
    Awesome!!!! I have seen this commercial several times already but I will never see or hear it the same now. I'm ready to join you in "Expect Amazing" for 2013 -- such a great and timely word. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! emoticon emoticon emoticon
    1901 days ago
  • NAN111
    Love your attitude! I'm so glad I read your post. Have fun at the meeting tomorrow. They're always so motivating & inspiring.
    1901 days ago
    Its a good start to the new year, and you are going to do GREAT!!
    1901 days ago
    thanks for sharing.
    1901 days ago
  • NEWNAC304
    I love your positive attitude! You are gonna have a great year
    1901 days ago
    Love this blog and your attitude! Expect AMAZING! You are going to be amazing this year! You can do anything you set your mind to. Your list is much like mine this year. Together we can do it! Love ya!
    1901 days ago
    I believe in you, my friend! We're going to have an AMAZING 2013!!

    1901 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by RUN2MYDREAMS