Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Here I am January 1, 2013 and what is going to be different this year then the years past? I am taking it one day at a time, and I am taking control of MY life for ME. I am the type of person that has spent my whole life doing for others, trying to make people like me, being a people pleaser and it has gotten me walked on, disrespected, treated like crap, and taken for granted, and most importantly, I became disgusted and miserable with the life I have and with myself. NO MORE today is my new beginning, today is the day that I take a deep breath and start again. No more being a doormat and allowing people to treat me so horribly, I set the tone, and by allowing myself to be treated this way it has taken it's tole on my health. I have been so busy taking care of everyone else, that I quit taking care of myself.
Today I accept responsibility for allowing others to treat me the way that I have let them my whole life, I accept that not everyone is going to like me, and I am going to have to accept that. This next year will be a learning exerience for me. I need to learn how to relax, learn how to let things go, take time for myself, but most importantly, I need to put myself first.
Here are my 2013 goals:
1) Hit my goal weight by eating within calorie range and excercise consistently (Starting out with 20 minutes 3 times a week working up to an hour 6 times a week)
2) Be more positive - eliminate the self hate and negative talk
3) Stay more organized in my life - keep up on house and laundry
4) Quit hiding away from like and loved ones in my bedroom
5) Take care of my body - take pride in how I look
5) Blog and journal - getting everything out on paper/blog to release the stress daily
So I wish you all a very Happy New Year!! I hope you all succeed in your resolutions in the coming year, and getting to know you and have your support.