What I Will Be Tracking in 2013
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
I believe in the power of simply tracking important activities, even without having set specific goals for them. Add to that the power of tracking "streaks" and making them public, even if you are the only one paying attention, and small steps can become habits.
I will continue to track publicly the following Spark Goals:
- Log in and spin the Spark Points Wheel (current streak = 1067 days)
- Get 7 hours of sleep per day (current streak = 17 days; longest streak = 55 days)
- Run 3 times per week (current streak = 47 weeks; longest streak = 70 weeks)
- Cross Train 3 times per week (current streak = 5 weeks; longest streak = 32 weeks)
I'm adding the following Spark Goals:
- Meditate for 5 minutes 7 times per week
- Run 5 times per week
- Exercise for at least 420 minutes per week (previous goal was 180 minutes per week).
You can follow my progress on my Spark Page.
In addition, I'm participating in the 2013 Reading Challenge on the goodreads web site by tracking books read towards a goal of 52 books in 2013 (my goal in 2012 was 120 books, which I met by reading 121 books).