Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Reading several ideas and resources on clean eating I have developed my own clean eating plan. I have realized that working out is a waste if I am not eating right. Plus eating all the sugar recently I realized that when I eat as crappy as I have been, I have no energy for days and in turn, no motivation to workout. I don’t plan on taking clean eating to the extreme. I want to eat healthy but feel that I NEED guidelines and that’s where the clean eating comes in. So here are my personal clean eating guidelines.
1. Minimize processed foods and chemicals. If I do not recognize an ingredient on the list, probably shouldn’t eat it.
2. Eat fresh fruits and veggies as much as possible. If not fresh, eat flash frozen or canned with no sugar added, natural ingredients.
3. Eat 4-5 small meals a day to prevent blood sugar crash.
4. I am going to continue eating yogurt and cheese but I plan on buying plan yogurt and adding fruit, frozen or fresh to sweeten it.
5. Eliminate white breads/flour
I feel like there was more that I was going to add on to this but for now it is good.
I have a new motivation for doing this too. I was reading a book on sugar addiction and found that I might be allergic to some sugars based on symptoms that I have like chronic nasal congestion and drainage. It has gotten worse over the years but so has my sugar intake! I also could not eat sugar while I was pregnant. It made me sick but I didn’t have gestational diabetes. I feel I can take on this new lifestyle…it is NOT a New Year’s resolution but a lifestyle change. I am not making resolutions just small changes. Bad habits come on slowly so now I plan to get rid of them in the same manner so that I can be successful. Thank you all for your support and comments!!! It has been a huge help!