Tuesday, January 01, 2013
In thinking about my New Year Resolutions, I went back to my last year's post about my 2012 resolutions. When I was reflecting on the year, I am actually 5 lbs heavier this year than last but mentally feel great. I could feel bad about not losing any weight or feel good about what I did accomplish this last year. I choose to celebrate my accomplishments.
Here are my resolutions for 2012:
1. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week. (this one I did very well with the exception of my two practicums)
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. (I did this for about 1/4 of the year)
3. Prepare more healthy lunches at home. ( I did this for about 3/4 of the year)
4. Work on balancing work/school with my family life. (this was easier in the new school year because Lavinia was with her father and with me for the holidays but even during the last school year, it improved drastically, during the summer Lavinia and I had great times on the Confederation Trail, and got to see a lot of the local attractions)
5. work on work/life balance ( drastic improvement, even when Lavinia was in NS for school, I still worked and also took an extra course and I rose to the challenge)
6. Get better organized and stay that way. (drastic improvement)
I had a great practicum at KISH and helped with the Green and White Revue with the drama group. I still was able to take Lavinia to swimming lessons, we had a great time at the Jack Frost Festival, biking the Confederation Trail, Going to North Cape, going to the top of the West Point Lighthouse, seeing the Bottlehouses, Touring Cows Factory, and seeing Anne of Green Gables and spending two days at the OLD HOME WEEK exhibition. We also participated in Charlie's Walk and raised money for brain cancer. I had a busy and successful semester and learned a lot about Mi'kmaq culture, I participated in several smudge ceremonies, a sweat lodge ceremony and saw a pipe ceremony. I completed a successful practicum in Miscouche teaching Grade 4. Elementary was very different, I enjoyed the experience and love teaching elementary as much as I do High School but in very different ways. I had a wonderful Christmas and New Year with Lavinia and am looking forward to another wonderful year in 2013.