My previous blog explains my food intention for the following year now I am concentrating on my exercises. So to keep things fresh I am going to give myself challenges to meet every week. I can't think of all of them now so I started with 14 which goes right along with the 14 weeks of mini challenges from mt previous post. I will start this next week (I ate poorly yesterday and this week is the first week I go back to work so I have to be sure I get back into the swing of things ok) I am not going to do these challenges in order but every Sunday I will choose one that best fits with that weeks schedule just in case it is crazy or I am out of town or it going to rain all day. So here are the first 14 I have come up with....
1. Try 3 new classes at the gym this week.
2. Play outside with my son or do something active inside 3 days of the week for at least 15 minutes
3. Take a 30 minute walk (jog) with the dogs 3 nights a week
4. Jog 4 days a week
5. Ride my bike more then 5 miles 3 times a week
6. Do 15 minutes of exercise before work 3 days this week
7. Do three workout videos at home this week
8. Take three yoga classes this week
9. Find three friends and exercise with them somewhere this week
10. Take three Pilates classes (video) this week
11. Complete three challenges from my pinterest all the way through
12. Sign up and run another 5k
13.Log 3 60 minute cardio sessions this week (even if they are split up)
14. Dance or take three dance classes this week.
So these are some new challenges for me- I am going to print them and post them on my fridge and cross them off one week at a time. I started with three times a week at first- If all goes well I might up them to four times a week on the next round or I might throw in some new ones just for fun :)
Another thing I am doing is helping to give back. I want to badly to help others (it is part of my nature that is why I am a teacher) but being a teacher is pretty much a 60 hour a week job and having a special needs son and being a single mom most of the time doesn't leave much time or money for giving back. SO my goal this year is to give $300 through charity miles!!! It is a huge goal- and here is how it works. A corporate sponsor will sponsor your athletic contribution to a charity. (personally I want to donate to the ASPCA and Autism Speaks). Every time you do a walk, run or a bike ride outdoors- you start this app and it uses the GPS in your phone to track how far you have gone. It does not matter how fast just as long as you are moving. If you are running or walking the corporate sponsor will donate 25cents per mile to the charity you choose and if you bike they will donate 10cents per mile. It is a great way to be active and to give back without busting you families budget. Also I like that you can switch charities every time if you want and you can post your results on facebook to encourage other to try it as well. If you want to help and give back try it out- its another thing I use to keep myself motivates.