I LOVE a clean slate!!!
My fitness goals for this coming year are:
1. Get to my goal weight!
2. Complete a set of 10 regular push ups. That means on my toes with my chest coming all the way down. There I wrote it!
How I will achieve my goals:
1. I will accept that I am not now, have never been, and will ever be perfect. I will have missteps and bad days. I will, at some point, make a less than ideal choice. When this happens I will see what I can learn, pick myself back up, and move on.
2. Tracking my food in some manner. I may use the WW online tracker, a WW paper tracker, or a tracker I design. The tracking methods may change, but I must track every day.
3. I will focus on eating foods that are as close to the way they are grown as possible. I will make a conscious effort to minimize processed foods from my diet and my house. This will have the sneaky side benefit of helping my family!
4. I will listen to my body's hunger cues. I will not eat past the "satisfied" stage.
5. I will exercise an average of 300 minutes each week. Some weeks are very busy, but I MUST make working out a priority.
6. My workouts will not be only cardio. I love strength training, especially my ChaLEAN Extreme videos, and I must accept that I will have to do those one weekend day and one day after work at the minimum. Once that is easier to manage, I will add an additional day so that I am doing strength training 3 days a week and cardio at least 3, preferably 5. I already stretch daily because of back issues, so I'm covered there.
7. I will engage in a community of like-minded, healthy people who believe that goals can be met and that people can achieve anything they put their minds to doing.
So, that looks like a lot of steps. Fortunately, I am already doing many of them. That's how I lost so much in the first place! All I need to do is use what I know works to get me to the weight I want to be.
I can do it!