Tuesday, January 01, 2013
I did manage to get my exercise in yesterday (New Year's Eve) - 48 minutes with my Slim in 6 Ramp it up DVD. I tried to go back to bed after exercising since I got up a little earlier than I wanted to but I never really fell into a good, solid sleep. As a result, I didn't get my blog updated so I'm running a little behind and doing it during a slow period at work. Work has been CRAZY tonight, though, and it feels good to just decompress for a little while.
Some strong points for the past year:
1) my 10-minute exercise streak is still intact - 430 days now!
2) ran 2 "official" 5K's in 2012, both with my daughter
3) trained for a 10K and ran for 7 miles during that training
4) can do 12 pushups!
5) I averaged 12.57 miles running/walking per week in 2012
6) ran/walked a total of 653.78 miles in 2012!
7) lost a total of 26 pounds
8) it's just a number but I'm now in size 6 dress AND jeans (I try to forget but I had to go up to a 14 or 16 in order to get one to fit for my daughter's graduation in May 2011)
9) drink 8+ (often 12-14) glasses of water daily
10) eat within my calorie range at least 5 days per week
Goals for 2013
1) continue my 10-minute exercise streak - next year this time I hope to be at 795 days!
2) run an "official" 10K in a race
3) train for a Half Marathon
4) do 20 pushups!
5) average 15 miles per week running/walking
6) run/walk at least 780 miles in 2013
7) get to my goal weight of 132lb this year - it's going off slowly
8) increase my daily protein intake - I think this will help me to shed some #'s
9) limit any pop consumption to once a month (or less)
10) get a bowflex and get my family involved in strength training
This past year was an AWESOME year for me in my weight loss journey and a lot of healthy habits were instilled. Obviously, I know that my daily exercise is a habit now. I realize how easy it is to fit in at least 10 minutes per day. As I look back at some of my SparkStreaks I see that I've taken the steps at work EVERY DAY since 9/18/11! How FANTASTIC is that?! When I have the choice of steps vs elevator or escalator I chose the steps every time.
I also work hard to keep a positive attitude and not let little things set me back. My weight has been at a plateau for quite awhile now but I know that I've been getting a lot stronger and some of that lack of loss is probably a gain in muscle so I'm just going to keep working at it.
I've made great friends over this year and you guys/gals have helped to keep me going. I'm sure I speak for many SparkPeople when I say thank you and keep doing the great job that you are doing to keep other SparkFriends focused! You're the best!