Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Here are my goals for 2013, or what I hope to achieve.
1. Photography – I would like to improve my skill with my camera and with editing photos. The best way to do this is to take lots of pics and then edit them on a computer. I will accomplish this by always carrying a camera with me (oh wait, I already do this…) so that I am ready to take that “perfect” shot. I will also use challenges to help get the creative juices flowing. I have a personal photo project of capturing all 26 letters of the alphabet (to then be used for another project).
2. Blogging/Writing – I want to keep this site active. I would like to come up with something consistent so you know what to expect, or at least advance warning when I’m changing thoughts. I reached 200 posts in 2012. Let’s see if I can hit 300 in 2013 (or at least 250…).
3. Reading – I have a personal goal of reading award winning books, such as those that are on the Newbery and Caldecott list, among others. Basically, I want to read and read and read.
4. General Health – Nope, I’m not happy with my weight or the way my body looks, so I am on a journey to change my looks, or change my mindset, or both. I stayed the same 5 lbs roughly the whole year (with some ups and downs) which I count as a plus and a minus. Basically I want to be healthy and happy with myself. Yes this will involve some mental stuff as well, including my self-esteem. Unfortunately, this is a hard area to track as things are constantly changing, but it is nonetheless an ongoing process.
5. Other - As always, this is an area that will include personal goals that do not fall in the above four areas. As such, this is always changing, so nothing here right now.