Happy New Year 2013!
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
January 1st 2013.
A new day. A new beginning. A new slate.
I ended 2012 weighing exactly the same as I did on January 1st 2012. I have to admit 2012 was not at all a good year. As much as I wanted it, I did not make much of an effort at weight-loss. I had exactly three attempts which I abandoned before I had made habits that stuck. I did aerobics till Feb, I joined a gym and went everyday in June, then I went on a diet and walked everyday in Oct - Nov. But of course those attempts can not be credited with changing my life in any tangible way. I can, however, say each of the attempts have shown me that I am in fact capable of losing weight if I can make an effort to ride the waves and stick it out.
That being said, I now have a new slate on which to redraw my path. I'd like in 2013 to finally conquer this monster. My weight has taken over my life and has been an impediment in more ways that I care to admit. It's time I started living fully.
So, in 2013 I plan to work hard to lose weight:
- I will exercise for at least 30 mins at least 6 times a week every week.
- I will take control of my eating. I'm starting the year with a jump-start cleansing diet. Then I'm going to use Weigh-less as a springboard to create a meal plan that is suitable for me.
- I will weigh in every single day.
- I will track my food - fingers crossed I can follow through with this one.
- I will create a printable to track all this. I have to admit I've failed at tracking on Sparkpeople.
So, with this plan, I know all I need is to be consistent and keep at it and by December 31st 2013 I will blogging a totally different post from what I would have blogged yesterday.
Now all I need is God's grace to see me through all this; for without him I can not achieve any of my hearts desires. I p
ray for guidance and strength in this journey. In Jesus' name, I pray.