1. Eat a lot more fruits and veggies. Vary the selection. Do NOT only buy the same old-same old because they are the least expensive. More variety will keep me from getting bored.
2. Eat fewer white potatoes and experiment with different grains.
3. Continue to cut back on meat and dairy, and experiment with vegan dishes.
4. Cut out alcohol entirely.
5. Do minimum of 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week.
6. Strength train at least 2 days a week. This means doing it on my own when we are traveling in the trailer.
7. Get back to giving blood regularly. (I am a universal donor.)
8. Meditate at least 5 minutes per day. (Thanks to Nancy for the link to 5 minute Kripalu yoga breaks. kripalu.org/article/649/
I added them to my ipod and, when I went to iTunes, I found other free meditation podcasts as well.
9. Join the "Women Run Russellville" running group when they starting meeting in March. They run together twice a week culminating in a 5K run in May. I hope this will help me learn to enjoy running, and also give me the opportunity to make some new friends!
10. Continue to lose weight. This is last, because if I do everything above 90% of the time, I WILL lose weight. I want to be fitter and thinner for hiking the Apalachian Trail in May, the Colorado Rockies in July, and the Inca Trail in September. I want to enjoy these memorable trips and not just struggle through them.
11. My last goal is to stop giving up on myself. In the last 6 months I gained and lost the same 5-7 pounds over and over and over. I need to work the plan and trust the process. I know it DOES work given enough time and effort. I vow in 2013 to keep working the program -- I'm worth it and I deserve it!!
AND SO ARE YOU!! Let's make 2013 the year of US!!