My 2012 training miles are so many times the total race miles. AND I only trained for 5Ks and 2 Halfs! ( I can imagine the miles traveled by my Marathon & Ultra Friends!)
But I'm breaking this down by SparkPeople years. (Oct 2010- Present)
1. St. Petersburg Times Turkey Trot 5K 112510
2. Jingle Bell Run 5KRun/Walk for Arthritis-Tampa 120410
1. Tampa�s Lowry Park Zoo ZooZoom 5K 030511
2. Iron Girl 5K Clearwater Beach, FL 041011 DSSECRETS
3. Miles for Moffitt 5K 05142011
4. Winter�s Family Beach Fest 5K 052111
5. 32nd Annual Kiwanis Morton Plant Mease Midnight Run 5K 070411
6. AIDS Walk St. Petersburg 091011
7. 3rd Annual OktoBEERfest Dunedin Brewery 5K 100111
8. Hustle in the Harbor 5K 10292011
9. Ace of Spades Series Blue Moon 5K 110611
10. 1st Annual OLL Fall 5K 111211
11.St. Petersburg Times Turkey Trot 112411
12. 'Boley Centers' 29th Annual Jingle Bell Run
1. Inaugural St Petersburg Rock n Roll Half Marathon 021212
2. Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 030312
3. Flanagan's Beer Run & Dunedin Duathlon 031712
4. Friends of Largo Nature Parks TurtleTrot 5K 041412
5. Iron Girl 5K Clearwater Beach, FL 042212 DSSECRETS
6. Dunedin Hog Hustle 5K 051212
7. Rap River Run 5K 060912
8. 33rd Annual Kiwanis Morton Plant Mease Midnight Run 070312
9. Run Thru Hell Al Lopez Park, Tampa 070812
10. Java to Java 5K 081912
11. Aids Walk 5k Tampa Bay 090812
12. Hooters 2 Hooters 5K 091612
13. 5th Annual OktoBEERfest 5K
14. Pretty in Pink 5K 101412
15. ARC Halloween 5K 102312
16. Blue Moon 5K 110412
17. 2nd Annual OLL Fall 5K
18. Tampa Bay Times Turkey Trot
19. Space Coast Half Marathon 112512
20. Say No To Drugs Holiday Classic 5K 121512 8:00am
21 Santa's Twilight 5K Run at Honeymoon Island 121512 7:00pm
I can say that 2012 was a banner year as DSSECRETS & I started it with a Half Marathon and ended it with 2 5Ks in one day!
Doing our first 5K with our Granddaughter Gianna
Doing our First Half Marathon, the St Pete Inaugural RocknRoll Half Marathon
Doing the Gasparilla Distance Classic 5K
DSSECRETS doing her second Iron Girl!
Doing our second Half Marathon, the Space Coast Half Marathon.
On Sep 29, I set a Personal Record that, by Nov 10, was broken 3 times.
And my doctors said I would be in a wheelchair by 45!
(Couldn't find the emoticon I was thinking of putting here so...)
8th Annual Clearwater Halfathon Jan 20
Best Damn Race 10K Feb 2 (Running with Team Milestones)
Tampa Bay Gasparilla Half Marathon Feb 24
We're doing our first Duathlon on St Patty's Day, Mar 17.
We are planning to fo the Lady Schick Half Marathon in November.
I know we're in for the American Running Company (We are now on their Race Team.) Run Series so there's another six races.
Who knows what we find to fill up the year. I do know we'll train better this year. I do not want to be held back by any injuries. I always say, "Train well, Run well." I know that DSSECRETS & I love to experience the races together, it keeps us in the healthy lifestyle, and we see Gianna running with us in the future!
We are blessed with all these opportunities and our SparkFriends who have provided us with the inspiration, the motivation, and the experience to help us become runners! It truly amazes me that I can now say with total certainty. "I am a runner!"