Like many of us, I am reviewing the year that's about to end. 2012 was filled with many difficulties and challenges....I attended 5 funeral services...3 for former students; all young men in their 20's...another for a 10 year old who succumbed to an inoperable brain tumor,,,and lastly, a childhood friend. I also have a niece and nephew who are dealing with serious health issues. My work place is rife with stress and anxiety. And my heart was broken by someone I cared a great deal for and who I thought cared about me. So lots of pain and struggles to deal with.
It would be easy to give in to all these hardships, but my good friend, Amanda, reminded me that I need to focus on the fact that, despite these challenges, I made positive changes in my life and I should be proud of what I accomplished....so here's a review of my 2012 Goals....
1. Lose 50 pounds.....as of today I've lost 60 lbs!!! Mid-way thru the year I got cocky and changed the goal to 75, but then I ran into a plateau the last few months and that put an end to that. But 60 lbs is still an awesome amount and something to be proud of!
2. Earn 1000 Fitness minutes each month.....I far exceeded that by earning between 1500-1800 minutes each month!
3. Track all food everyday....I stayed on top of this, although there were a few days when I might have been a bit inaccurate...lol...but I've found that this makes a big difference in reminding me to watch my portion sizes and has definitely helped me be successful.
4. Blog Weekly......didn't come close to achieving this one! I know that I'm the type to keep things to myself so thought I would challenge myself on this one....but it's just not going to happen....and that's OK....I blog when I feel the need and I can live with that:)
5. Make 2 SparkFriends per week.....didn't achieve this one either, but it's quality not quantity, and the SparkFriends that I've made are the best and mean the world to me and have helped me to be successful....so THANKS!!
6. Be kind to myself.....this one is a continual "work in progress"......I'm still learning to not let life's challenges set me back from achieving my goals of living a healthy life!
So, all in all, can't say I'm not glad that this year is over...........but I am looking forward to continuing to learn about myself--what works for me and what doesn't--and continuing to grow and make positive changes in my life and being a positive force for others.
2013...bring it on!!!!