A look deeper: Goals for 2013 - Health
Monday, December 31, 2012
I am just over a month from my 40th birthday (Feb 8th remember the date, I expect BIG presents HA! Just kidding!! You couldn't even you wanted to because there is only a handful of you that know where I live!!) I am sure you all have heard things like this before, "oh once I turned 40 I was just physically falling apart" or "man, it is H*ll getting old" Well you and I both know that 40 is the new 20, or at least 30 right?! While I am having some emotional issues with the number I totally understand that it is just a number, just like any other number. I have had little to no problem all my life telling anyone and everyone how old I am. While I easily wrote to you that I am soon to be 40 I am having one h*ll of a time saying it out loud. I don't know why, I am working through it by time my birthday gets here I'll be fine.
So with these emotional issues and yes, truly believing that 40 is NOT old; when I started feeling off it just threw me for a loop. I got out of BLC 20 feeling incredible! Just tons of energy, seeing the prospects of actually LOSING weight through the holiday (see my 12/2 blog) Then, gradually I just stop feeling good. I have been fighting somethings things for months but at the beginning of December it just was hitting me almost everyday.
here is my list my symptoms:
1. depressed mood & just plan moody
2. lack of energy and weak
3. shaky between meal (even though I ate no different than I had been)
4. irregular periods (when normally you can set a watch to it) PS SORRY GUYS!
5. memory issues - OMG this one is the worse. I am in accounting and I have made SOO many mistakes in the last two months then it goes to forgetting everyday things. Then in mid-sentence stopping because I can't remember a word! Boy have I gotten some goofy looks from that!
6. Headaches - a LOT of them
7. tons of problems with Allergies - STILL not 100% sure I don't have a minor cold, all I know is that when I take my allergy meds the symptoms go away (MOSTLY) but it is really rare that I have this many problems at this time of year because my main allergies are outdoor pollen (we have 6" of snow on the ground!)
8. and this one just started yesterday, I have 2 fingers that just fell asleep while I was at work yesterday! they got all needle prick feeling, not bad but enough to notice!
Anyone of these (except for the memory one) by themselves isn't such a big deal, they can be but not necessarily. All together it just kinds of stinks!
So I went crying to one of my teams and 2-3 people told me the same thing. Get your butt to the doctor! They suggested that it could be a problem with hormones, blood sugar or even thyroid. Well, why the heck didn't I think of that on my own!? Oh yea, it is probably the memory thing! HA! Seriously though I got to think about it and hypothyroidism runs very strongly in the women in my family. My grandmother, 2 cousins and my mother had/have issues with their thyroid. CRAP! So if you ask me, that is what my problem will end up being.
I have made an appointment for Jan 8th. I have asked for a full physical and I intend to ask for a check of Vitamins (D, Calcium, Potassium), Thyroid, Blood sugar.
2013 will be a year of making sure I am as healthy as I can be and staying there!