Wow! What a year 2012 has been. When I think about it, it's been probably one of the best years of my life. Simply because I choose to finally get up off the couch & actually do something about all those weight loss resolutions that we all make every year. In March I discovered SparkPeople. I also met a great group of friends & support system. Thank you all for your friendship & support along this journey.
Now I have a list of accomplishments, things I can now do, that before I couldn't or wouldn't do:
-I have (somewhat) of a normal, daily workout routine.
-I can run (short distance)
-I can ride a bike & keep up & sometimes out ride my kids.
-I can do push ups, sit ups, crunches, & some planks.
- I jump at the chance to do anything active now.
- The more I do the more I want to do.
- More aware of what I eat (& I count calories).
-i get outside! This year I have been out in the heat, rain, snow, & cold. Something that never would've happened before.
(I was thrilled with new weights, Coach Nicole dvd, & new scale for Christmas!!)
- I lost 30 lbs ( have gained 3 the last couple of weeks, due to holidays & poor choices, but will be loosing them 3 plus more here soon). So now my wardrobe is much looser.
I have struggled the last couple of weeks like many of us have, but 1 of the greatest things I have learned this year is that It doesn't matter that we stumble & fall, what matters the most is that we get back up & try again. Every day is another chance to get it right.
Now onto some goals for 2013..
First of all I plan on getting back on track! Not just with some things, but with everything! I've done this before, I can do it again!
-I will start tracking All my food & staying in calorie range.
- I will work on my water(right now I am struggling to get 6 cups in each day, work up to 8) I have a much easier time drinking water when it's hot outside, than in the winter. I am not a water drinker to begin with. SO I struggle with water.
-I will get in a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio daily.
-I will get in a minimum of 30 minutes of ST (3 times per week).
-I will try to get in more fruits & veggies.
-I will work on letting go of what I can't control & stop stressing out over things that don't matter.
- I will make time for me. 20 minutes daily to meditate/ deep breathing. Just take the time to decompress & let it all go.
I am looking forward to a great 2013. Meeting new goals & sharing accomplishments & milestones with you all. Best of luck to all in the new year. Let's Rock 2013!!