Monday, December 31, 2012
2012 was a very eventful year (aren't they all?), but there were some unique items worth highlighting:
- Lost another 47 pounds, and am at 180.8. I still want to hit 179 and even maybe drop a few more to 175, but I'm in a very good spot weight-wise.
- In addition the pounds, 7 inches disappeared around my waist (33 inches now) and 5 inches vanished from my hips (37 inches). Kinda blew the clothing budget this year, but it was for a good reason!!
- Ran four 5K races this year -- which considering I NEVER ran or even like to run, was huge in my book! Plan to run in my first winter race in February, and will likely look to run in at least one 10K race in 2013.
- Attended my youngest daughter's college graduation in May (Colorado State University). We used that even to do some vacationing in South Dakota, a first for my DW and I.
- Did some serious outdoor work around the house, including demo'ing a non-working 8 person hot tub on our back deck, mulching the entire perimeter of our house (over 100 cubic yards of mulch!), and repainting all of the shudders from a non-descript "puke" color, to black. It really changed the look of the house!
Today is the one year anniversary of my mom's passing, and we did have a memorial for her in March at my dad's home, with my brother, his wife, my son and his GF all in attendance. It was a very informal affair, but I think it captured the essence of her great life!
I'll save my 2013 goals and plans for tomorrow's blog, but all in all it was a very good year!