Sunday, December 30, 2012
I have been battling with my weight for what seems like an eternity. I have had success a few times but only to gain the weight right back.. something always defeats me. This time, I am taking it slow, expecting mistakes and making one change at a time.
Most of my adult life (I'm 28 now) I have been floating around the 190lb mark. That number rocketed up when I had my daughter and has stayed between the 205-215 mark for the last 2 years and most of the time I feel that it is pointless to even bother doing anything about it. I'm not sure what brought this on, but I decided (being a single mother with 3 jobs) that I deserved a vacation and what better way to vacation with a child than to do a Disney Cruise! This will be my main weight loss motivator. I have the cruise booked for September 2013 and there is no turning back! I dread every summer with my daughter because I know how much she would love it if I swam with her, but I am too embarrassed about my size to do it. Now, either way, I am going to be forced to swim.. so I best get comfortable with myself!
I know that it will only take about 30lbs lost to get my where I'll be comfortable, but it will take me 60lbs to get me out of an obese BMI, so that is my goal.
There are many things working against me - limited time, love for food, bad habits.. the list goes on.. but they are all things that are my own doing and just excuses for not doing what is right. I have already recently eliminated pop from my diet (was drinking 2-3 a day)as well as increase my water intake so that was a huge battle won already.
My small goals right now are
- Eat breakfast every day
- Try to eat a salad every day (snack or meal)
- Not to limit my food intake (yet) and if I want something, to eat it and not feel ridiculously guilty
- Run 5k (train 3x a week for approx 30 minutes)
- Only weigh myself once a month (been discouraged plenty times before)
My future goals are
- Find meals that are within 400 calories that both my daughter and I enjoy
- Run a 5k event and then start training for 10k
- Start weight training at least 3 times a week
- Incorporate the food I love in other meals in much smaller portions
I know that I can't do this alone and I will need encouragement.. and that is why I'm here. If any of you have tips, goal ideas, bootcamp or team suggestions.. anything..! I want to hear it all..
I'm ready for change.