Sunday, December 30, 2012
I was going to wait to post this until tomorrow, but decided that I would post it for everyone to take a look so I can incorporate any feedback that I like. :)
The Nutrition Plan:
• Emphasize – Things that live and grow in nature and things that I could make with my own hands (if I chose to) from those items. This includes meat, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, dairy products, and natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup.
• Avoid – Things that upset my digestion or energy levels. This includes wheat (gluten intolerant), excessive artificial sweeteners, excessive caffeine, and highly processed gluten-free foods.
• Practice – Portion Control. I’d love to believe that calories don’t count, but my own experience tells me that they do. I will strive to remain within a calorie range that I will adjust as I lose.
Note: This is not a pass-fail scenario. I cannot fail at this; I can only have mindful days and less mindful days. I am a human being and I will make choices that are not always in alignment with my long term goals. I must remind myself of this fact on a regular basis.
The Fitness Plan:
• Move Often at a Slow Pace – Aim for 10,000+ steps per day.
• Lift Heavy Things – Strength train 2-3 times per week.
• Sprint – HIIT/Sprint once every 1-2 weeks.
• Flex & Bend – Yoga or Pilates 2-3 times per week.
Note: Again, this is NOT a pass-fail scenario. I cannot fail at this; I can only have active days and less active days. Fitness for me is about becoming long, toned, and lean – it is not about how many calories I can burn in a given day or week. Activities I choose should support stress reduction, muscle tone, and cardiovascular fitness, even if they may not cause direct weight loss. Diet is 80-90% of the equation, but this effort will be critical to my final result when it comes to both energy levels and appearance.
The Accountability Plan:
• Daily Wall Calendar Mark Ups, to include:
o Morning Weight
o Fitness Accomplishments
• Daily Blogs, to include:
o Pictures of Every Meal – This includes snacks and beverages as well.
o Nutritional Breakdown – This include calories & macro information.
o Description of Physical Activity – This includes couch time, if that’s all I have.
o Scale Pictures – I will weigh daily, but will only post updates on Fridays.
• Monthly Measurement Capture, to include:
o Measurements – Bust / Bra Strap, Natural Waist, Hips, Left Thigh / Calf, Left Arm
o Progress Photos – Front View, Side View, Back View
Note: Consistency is the key – perfection is neither realistic nor necessary. I will strive to become and remain self-motivated, but will use every tool available to me to stay on track even when I’m feeling tired of the process or down on myself for any reason. This means I will remain visible to my Spark Friends in good times and bad, and will do my best to help myself by helping others along the way.