Saturday, December 29, 2012
We don't actually have very many Christmas traditions but we have a few. I am as much a Buddhist as a Christian so I don't tend to pay a huge amount of attention to the holidays, though I appreciate their spirit.
- On Christmas Eve we usually watch the early 50s film version of A Christmas Carol starring Alistair SIm.
- Our tree is the tallest one we can fit in our little car. Instead of a star we have a Siamese cat at the top, in honour of our departed cat Zorra and our new kitten Sushi.
- This year I made some handknit Christmas ornaments and I like this a lot, so I will probably make a few new ones every year.
- My daughter leaves milk and cookies for Santa as well as carrots for Rudolph on the lawn.
- On Boxing Day we usually get takeout Chinese.
That's about all I can think of for now. It's been fun reading everyone's traditions!