Saturday, December 29, 2012
So I joined the stress challenge and did the stress quizz and was quite amazed to find I was vulnerable to stress - not really. I am a stress frog... It's been stressful at work. We have had a stressful year, it's all going much better now but I think I am quite exhausted after this year's events...
It's been a year of high highs and deep lows.
- Full-blown relationship crisis
- Old and much loved cat dying
- Challanging secondment of last few months
- Celebrating my 50th birthday together with partner
- Taking part in first of 3 weekends to upgrade my reflexology certificate to a diploma, it was great as it was a clinic for the Hasting's community and felt very rewarded at the end of it.
- Great first secondment with great manager and developed great project management skills
and gained my PRINCE2 practitioner certificate as well
- Having my cousin and her fiance come to stay at labour weekend. They had had some quite hard times so it was great to offer them a weekend away from it all.
All of this has left me quite stressed but I am very happy that my partner and I are together and happy. I love my other two cats who seem to have worked out a daily regime after the passing of the matriarch. Looking forward to the wedding of my cousin in February. I also look forward to completing my reflexology diploma in March and in seeing where that will take me. I am going back to my old position in January and am looking forward to being part of that team as I get on well with everyone in it!
But even though it's balancing out I think it's great to be aware of your level of stress and to write down the high highs and the low lows and these can be different for everyone.
Hoping you find this as inspirational as I have, I look forward to losing weight and gaining happiness!