First let me say I know it's been awhile since I wrote a blog. I really enjoy reading other people's blog but I dread writing one of my own. Everyone elses seems to be witty, funny and entertaining, while mine are just boring. But if you'll indulge me just for a minute I will try not to bore you to tears.
2012 has been a wonderful year for me. I lost a total of 30+ pounds.
My goal was 50. Okay so it didn't happen but as I always say shoot for the moon and hopefully you'll land among the stars. Well I think I'm somewhere around the Milky Way.
I've met really good friends like Ronda, Vicky, Jess, Sabrina and Susan, and got reacquainted with some of the old ones like Betty, Jena and Karen. Just this week I met 3 new people that I think will be friends as well Steph-Knee, Imsoozeeq and Imgettinthin. Of course I love all of my Pink Vikings.
I decided that this blog was going to consist of things that were Helpful to me.
So here is my Helpful List in no particular order.
1. Log onto SparkPeople daily (I spin the wheel
and I try to get no less 25-50 points daily)
other people's blogs and Spark articles (I learn a ton of stuff from others just by reading)
daily with friends (this reminds you you're not alone)
4. Log my food daily (keeps you accountable)
5. Drink 8 glasses of water
daily (this is my cross to bear, I struggle with this)
6. Get 500 weekly fitness
minutes (keeps that metabolism up)
7. Do strength
training no less than twice a week (helps to build muscles that burns fat)
8. Eat a minimum of 5 Freggies
a day (healthy eating)
9. Stop beating
myself up about slip-ups
10. Stop relying on the scale
to be the only measure of weight loss
11. Recognizing and celebrating
12. Let some of your exercises
be fun stuff (like bowling, Wii, Xbox)
13. Setting many MINI goals
(so I won't feel overwhelmed)
One of the most important and helpful things I leaned in 2012 was to use a blank calendar and to give myself stars depending on how well I did that day. If it was a great day I would give myself a Green star, If it was a so-so day I would give myself a Yellow star for Caution and if it was a disastrous day I would give myself a Red star for STOP. This helped to create a visual for me to see how I was doing during the course of a week and how I needed to improve. You can do this for either your eating or your fitness. I did mine to track my fitness.
Now some of the above are also some of the goals that I'm going to continue to work on for 2013, but I do have a few more I want to add,
1. Be a better Christian, wife, mother, sister, grandmother, friend (just be better person all around)
2. Blog at least once a week (sorry, hope I'm not too boring)
3. Sign-up for at least 4 -
Races for 2013
4. Lose no less than 1 pound per week (more is always welcomed)
5. Lastly, not to get hung up on a number on the scale. But be satisfied with how I look and feel. The number isn't important and is actually insignificant. I just want to be a HOT Senior Citizen that dresses age appropriate but still looks good.
For everyone that reads this blog and comments I will send you a box of tissue as I know it was boring.