Friday, December 28, 2012
The foundation of behavioral change is:
1. Admitting that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion;
2. Recognizing a higher power that can give strength;
3. Examining past errors with the help of a sponsor (experienced member);
4. Making amends for these errors;
5. Learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior;
6. Helping others who suffer from the same addictions or compulsions.
My addiction is specifically sugar. I really just can not go near it. Even though I have had success this year - 15% of my beginning body weight is gone this year - I could have had more success had I not been playing with my personal fire - sugar.
My success all came in the first half of 2012. I have been hovering since mid-year. The form of sugar that are desserts and alcohol. Now mind you, purely social drinking but the dessert thing is closet type eating of desserts.
The goal in 2013 is to break the sugar habit.
I have taken the first step with this blog.