Thursday, December 27, 2012
Super shorty tonight. I'm doing great. Tonight's close = 7 days binge-free. Reviewed where it all went wrong last time I broke my streak, and I developed a strategy for dealing with rough waters this time around. I hope you've all been keeping up with your strength training as of late, because my plan involves leaning on my dear Spark friends.
[ETA: In answer to what my strategy is:
1. While feeling mentally strong, imagine I'm feeling a binge urge and role play using positive coping strategies
2. Post on Emotional Eating and Living Binge Free teams before reaching crisis mode
3. Ask for support via huddles on EE & LBF teams when vulnerabilities start
4. Wear the bracelet I received for Christmas (spelling the word "Breathe") nightly (my most vulnerable time), as a reminder to cope positively
5. Listen to encouraging message I saved in my voicemail inbox
6. If on the verge of bingeing, call one of my closest Spark friends for support
7. If I need immediate social support/am very lonely (recurrent trigger)/on the verge of bingeing (and it's too late for #6), "attend" Overeaters Anonymous phone meeting]
As to maintenance, well I can't really speak with any certainty about my weight. The last derailment involved 3 very high-cal binges within a 24-hour period, and the gain was significant. My weight had been dropping, but seeing how Mother Nature has me rockin' the red right now, I don't know what to make of the number on the scale. All I can say is, it's not dictating my mood.
P.S. Christmas, thankfully, was largely devoid of the usual goodies and temptations. While I overate a little, I ate sensibly on the whole and cooked healthier alternatives for myself.