Thursday, December 27, 2012
Things I did right during the Christmas holidays thus far:
1. Went to spinning class on Christmas Eve instead of doing some other things--putting me first!
2. Being active with the kids in the lead up to Christmas--breaststroke with a three year old attached to you is a good workout! And teaches the kids that being active is fun.
3. Avoided diet pop!!! I did have one small glass of regular coke, and decided it was way over sugared, so stopped there. When my sister in law brought over a case of pop and tried to leave it here I made my husband take it out to her van before she could leave!
4. Caught up on sleep. My husband and kiddos have let me sleep in. Unfortunately this means I want to stay up late (I'm such a night owl!) but I'm going to work on that now that the crazy is pretty much over (and we don't do much for NYE).
What I'm going to work on for the next week:
1. Plan (and eat!) healthy meals and snacks. I've gotten really off schedule and planning has gone out the window. Need to get back to the planning because that is what I need, to have the good choices made in advance so in a hurry, when I'm tired, when the kids are fussing, I have a plan in place.
2.. Exercise schedule through the weekend: Friday--spinning 10:00 a.m. class; Saturday--workout at the Y in the a.m., take the kids swimming; Sunday--day off or elliptical (going to be on the road to visit family much of the day); Monday--(NYE) need to check the Y schedule versus hubbie's work schedule.
3. I'm not drinking as much water as I should, and I"m feeling it, so need to re-focus on water as well.
4. Clean out the cabinets, the fridge, etc. Going to freeze or get rid of the remaining Christmas leftovers, get rid of the junk, and take inventory to make some costco/trader joe runs to re-stock with healthy choices. The kids' leftover candy is going buh-bye!