Thursday, December 27, 2012
It is December 27...so, how did Christmas go as far as health?
Well, I'm still recovering from an operation so my exercise has been pretty much nil for the last 2 1/2 weeks. But that will change today.
Somehow, someway I managed to lose a pound over Christmas. I treated myself to the stuff I liked, but kept portions under control. Basically, before every treat or rich food, I asked "Do I REALLY want this?"...if the answer was yes, I ate...if it was less than super-enthusiastic, I took a pass. And I only ate when hungry.
Oddly enough, today, after all the Christmas craziness, all I want to do is eat chocolate LOL. Well, had some, probably too much, and now I feel a little sick. A good lesson I guess.
Well, let's see where I am on Jan 1...the goal was 150 by Jan 1, and this morning came in at 153. No way I'll be losing 3 lbs in 4 days, nor will I try to.
So, quick lessons learned about Christmas this year (in terms of nutrition):
- many dishes on the table means lots of healthier choices
- didn't need bread...didn't miss it all...that's shocking
- diabetic chocolate...sent my guts into DEFCON 4
- Mom had fresh fruit on hand this year...that really helped
- everybody else's cooking tastes really salty to me
- I no longer crave potatoes of any kind...odd
- I have a hidden sweet tooth...when did this start?!?
- recorded everything...without fail...this definitely helped