I am the leader of the Peak313.com: Healthy Living God's Way sparkteam (feel free to join us- it's a great group of Godly women!!) I have created a challenge for the members in the group for Jan and Feb. I wanted to post this as a blog too, so that others who want to join in have the opportunity! Let me know if you have questions! You can find the link to the team on my Sparkpage!
With the start of the NEW YEAR, I want to create a new challenge for us! There will be a small prize package that I will be putting together (fun stuff, although not as much as what Clare had to offer- sorry
Here are the rules:
1. You must have a SPARKPAGE! If you need help creating one, ask, and I'd more than happy to help you! I think that having an actual sparkpage creates accountability and helps us get to know you better. Also, you must be a member of the "Peak313.com: Healthy Living God's Way" sparkteam.
2. Read at least 2 chapters/day of the Bible. You can read whichever ones you want. If you are doing a reading plan for "read the Bible in a year" do that!
3. Exercise 4-5 times/week.
4. Find some way to track what you are eating. People who write down what they eat are more likely to lose weight and it keeps us accountable to ourselves! Use whatever is easiest for you to stick with: sparkpeople, myfitnesspal, notebook, phone app, whatever you feel most comfortable with and will stick with! Some people even use their phone camera as their tracking method, taking pictures of each meal they eat. Focus on clean eating. Let's aim for eating healthy/clean at least 80% of the time! Drink your water! Try new recipes or a new fruit or veggie that you've never had before!
5. Post 1 blog a week on your page. This doesn't have to be long, but I do think that it helps keep you accountable! Let everyone know how you're doing. Maybe you want to tell them about your workout that you are doing, a new recipe, a book you're reading, etc.
6. Set a goal to read at least 1 book a month (non-fiction). This can be a book about marriage, parenting, fitness, emotional health, organization, goal setting, etc.
At the end of each week, I will post a topic for a check in for that week. To be eligible for the prize, reply on that topic and let us know how your week went (did you meet your goals, can we celebrate with you, etc).
The contest will start this Sunday Dec 30th (why wait for Jan 1, lol!) and will end Feb 2. Winner will be announced the first week of March!