The Last 10
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
I am trying to figure out what concrete steps I will take to lose these "last 10" pounds (even if they only end up being the "next 10"...though I am having a hard time imagining what I will look like minus 10 more pounds of fat). I have done a good job of losing fat, rather than muscle, and I hope to keep things on that path.
1. Keep my calorie intake between 1450 and 1800 per day (to support my new muscles and to keep my body from hanging on to fat out of desperation) and, of course, 90-95% clean, homemade, awesome, healthy foods.
2. Double my TRX classes next year (for still more muscles and just because I love it as a workout!)
3. Keep my total weekly output between 3000 and 4000 calories (I'm burning about 2000 from zumba and another 600 from TRX, plus a lot from dancing that I don't always track, and then there's yoga....)
4. Add cardio intervals 2-3 times per week (either sneaking intervals into zumba or swapping out some z time for 20 minutes of HIIT)
5. Track...I've enjoyed a break away from tracking my food and workouts, but I think that has led to undereating and burning more than I realize, which is what my body hates
6. Accept that it might take a few months since I might only be losing a fraction of a pound per week - my body hasn't weight this little in more than 20 years and I am not sure what it will take to reach my goal weight/bf% range, but I haven't stopped trying and I don't ever plan to! I am thankful that I don't have any real roadblocks to weight loss, other than the mysterious slow-downs and plateaus that seem to be born out of nowhere.
7. Appreciate the non-scale victories (the inches lost, the stronger workouts, the fact that I haven't gained at all this whole time....)
8. Only one drink per week, if that...alcohol just doesn't work well with me for weight loss most of the time.
I've set a tentative goal of April to have these last 10 pounds gone, but it's a very loose goal...my body didn't seem to come with the "weight loss calendar" module, so there's not much I can do other than to do my best!