New years is all about fresh starts and resolutions for change for the better. I always get excited when it comes to New Years. Time to reflect on the past year, see what went well, decide what needs to change, and make a plan to improve. Spiritually, physically, emotionally...
This has been a huge year for my husband and I. He left his job of 15 years in management and became an associate pastor at our church. I was able to go from full-time to part-time in June. (Although with on-call time, there are some weeks that I still work full-time hours). We have done a lot of marriage counseling at church with couples, and taught a marriage class this fall. I taught a healthy living group this past summer to the women at church. I also taught a Turbo Kick class this summer at the local elementary school. Our boys are doing well in school. Josh is quite the little athlete, and Adam is learning to play the trumpet. They both received all "A's" in school! I'm so proud to see how they are growing into "little men" and in their walk with Christ!
This coming year, I have a few different areas to concentrate on:
1. Spiritual: Continue to grow closer to God through daily reading of the Bible, prayer, and journaling.
2. Marriage: Continue to be my husband's "help-meet" putting him first (after God). Read a marriage book monthly, pray daily for Jon, and focus on ways to make his job easier! Aim for a date night at least once a month (weekly would be best, but with our schedules right now I'm aiming for at least 1x/month!)
3. Kids: Continue to raise my boys in a Godly manner. Pray for them and with them daily. Help them to pursue their goals. Plan fun things to do with them. Do a "family night" activity once a week (Thursday nights).
4. Financial: Continue on Financial Peace University (Dave Ramsey) and get rid of debt. Use envelope system, think before buying things! Shop year-round for gifts so that I don't get hit all at once with financial obligations.
5. Physical: Continue using my workout DVDs. I'm currently in week 3 of the Peak10 system, so I will continue on with that and continue to challenge my body. Eat healthy! Continue to shop for healthy/clean foods and find recipes that the rest of the family will enjoy, as well.
6. Friendships: Continue to build friendships at church and work. Pray for friends daily. Aim for once a month gatherings (coffee, book club, etc).
7. Household: Continue to keep house in order using the "Flylady" system. Think before bringing items into the house. Declutter. Weekly cleaning schedule.