I just realized I already passed my two year Sparkiversary.
I have never stuck with ANY weight loss/fitness program for more than 3 months prior to Spark! WOO HOO! So despite my need to give myself a big fat reboot and metaphorical kick in the rear for the past week, I AM PROUD OF STICKING WITH SPARK! The support of my SparkFriends and the community of my SparkTeams has been a HUGE part of why I have stuck with it!
My achievements over the past two years include:
Lost approximately 30 pounds (Yes I know my weight loss ticker isnít right)
Went from size 22W to 16W
Developed new consistent healthier habits:
Eating 5 fruits and veggies daily
Drinking 8 glasses of H20 daily
Now for the reboot. I have gotten a bit off track in the past 2 weeks and I am feeling the effects. Yesterday I did not eat well Ė actually last week was pretty bad Ė and I really need to reinforce and review my goals in order to make it through the end of the month feeling healthy. (For example: Thursday Ė ate well, felt great. Friday Ė pot luck and pub celebration; sick. Saturday Ė ate well, felt great. Sunday Ė dinner party with champagne and dessert, sick. Yesterday Ė girlsí night out at happy hour with drinks and shared dessert; sick. IíM SEEING A PATTERN HERE! The way I have been eating sets off my acid reflux symptoms) Also Ė I need to reboot in order to have ANY hope of meeting Decemberís goal of losing weight! If I donít change things around I will be sliding backward on my goals and gaining instead of losing.
I did really well while traveling early in the month. And actually the time frame for me doing really badly has been the last week. Holiday parties, holiday baking, and alcohol at the parties have all contributed to my downfall. It started with Hanneís party (cookies, appetizers and alcohol); I hosted two parties; attended two potlucks; last night was girls night out at happy hour Ö the list goes on. I enjoy socializing with my friends. But I could have made LOTS better choices with the food. And I now recognize that if I have even ONE drink I tend to eat more.
I am not going to totally beat myself up for going off the rails, because I didnít totally blow it. I recognized the problem EARLY and I am changing it right now. I have continued to do some things right: drink enough water; exercise regularly; improve sleep. I baked cookies for the neighbors Ė they are really good (macaroons with chopped cherries and apricots, dipped in dark chocolate) and I am in good control around them. (I picked them because the cookies are good, but the batter is not good and therefore I donít lick the beaters or taste nibbles). Cookies are leaving the house TOMORROW.
My plan for the remainder of the month:
1. No alcohol. None. Nada. Zip. It diminishes my willpower and upsets my stomach. Iíll take sparkling fruit beverage to all my holiday parties.
2. No sweets. I canít handle them. I can live for two weeks without sweets!
3. One plate of great food at each holiday celebration from here on out: Christmas day and Christmas Eve, New Year eve.
4. For my next dinner party (one to go! Ė Iím hosting) I will provide healthy food (brown rice, fish with a low fat sauce -- probably Pepian which is cilantro/tomatillo/pepper sauce, salad, veggies), and I will serve cheesecake for dessert. My guests, old friends who are visiting from Nicaragua, LOVE cheesecake. I donít. Itís easier to avoid dessert if I choose one that doesnít tempt me!
5. Keep up and increase the exercise. If Iím working out, Iím not eating!
And I am STAYING WITH SPARK PEOPLE!