Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Ok, yeah yeah, I know I am a little ahead lol. But 35 is not far away and it seems like a milestone age to me. Which made me start to think about all the things I wish i was doing, or could be doing if I made some changes. And to tell you the truth it makes me a little sad and scared all at once. Scared to get older, scared to keep failing, scared that this is it...and it makes me sad that I have not made more serious and consistent changes up til now, that I allow myself to live in a safety net if you will. I do not take many risks. I do not choose to live in a way that is how I would have envisioned. Now, I also say that while knowing that the reason is partly due to the fact I have kids and a husband and so some of those things I would want to do or some of those risks just wont happen. Like moving to NYC...yeah, I would have killed for this when I was younger. Not likely to happen these days lol. And that is fine. But for goodness sake...could I not at least allow myself the pleasure of shopping while I am younger in a store that some of my 20-something co-workers would shop in?? I do not look older at this point so I could still pull it off...another 5 years and that probably wont be the case lol. Anyway, I am going to list a few goals for the year. Things I feel I must do. And hopefully I do them ALL.
Goals for 2013...the next 380 days til 35 ;)
1. Lose 100lbs. PLEASE CHERYL!! If nothing else, DO THIS!!
2. Go to NYC with my husband...and then again with my kids.
3. Go para-sailing.
4. Go on a women's day with my best friend and do a zip line.
5. Get my belly button pierced.
6. Stop talking about the tattoo and just get it.
7. Completely switch to Paleo eating. Quit allowing myself to believe that I am not THAT affected by my own poor choices...I am affected 100% and my body reminds me all the time.
8. Do Hot Yoga...and do it more than once.
9. Make prayer and meditation as important as going to the bathroom. I need it and I believe in its power...I need to do it daily.
10. Shop at Charlotte Russe..just once :)
11. Stop living in fear or in a constant state of feeling that I might fail. If I do, so what.. I am still living and still trying and that is good enough.