What I did right today
Monday, December 17, 2012
Things I did well today:
1. worked out--pushed myself a little bit harder on the elliptical and actually did some strength training.
2. still not drinking diet pepsi! I had a slip up last week and this weekend, but overall doing well.
3. I publicly committed to a 5k. I might be crazy but it's good to have a goal.
4. I ordered new sports bras (and a cute yoga tank) because if I'm going to do this 5k we have to keep the girls contained and the old ones are getting a bit stretched out.
5. After a horrible snacking incident at work, I got back in line and barely snacked this evening. There were a few slip ups, but much better. I ate a big salad and a healthy dinner.
6. Got some things on my to do list done--less things to do, less stress! If I can do a few things every night then I'll have it all done by Christmas!
7. Made good choices at the grocery store--including skipping some of the treat making supplies I would usually buy in December--the kids aren't asking for it, none of us need it, so I'm not even going to bring it in the house! I figure we'll do an obligatory batch of sugar cookies to decorate and my great-grandmother's recipe (that one is mandatory, one batch per year in celebration of my wonderful great-grandmother and all the women in my family). Other than that, no lavish baking this year! Fewer calories and less stress=win win