Sunday, December 16, 2012
Last month I started a new job, I have been working days and some of the changes in my routines are creating challenges and hangups for me in my attempt to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
1. At work there is a lot of baking and gifts of sweets in the staff room that I havent been resisting.
2. At work it is difficult to remember to bring my water bottle with me and drink so I have not been reaching my 8 glasses a day anymore, in fact i am averaging 3 glasses- 5 if I am lucky.
3. I am too tired to exercise when I get home, and have not been doing any on the weekends.
I have been very exhausted from my new routine, going to bed early and getting up early. I have been moody, stressed and insecure. I have been worried that I wont be able to live up to standards at work or adjust quickly enough or that people will not like me.
I have been overeating/binging on carbs and sweets because they feel comforting to eat. Afterwards I feel a lot of guilt but do not curb my bad habits.
Lastly Christmas is coming and food is overflowing, and although I feel fortunate, I dont want to over do it. It is very difficult for me to say no since it feels impolite, and it is even harder to throw out leftover and not snack while baking for others.
1. Add an extra incentive for my fitbit jar: get one extra ball from abstaining for sweets from bake days and goodies in the staff room.
2. Bring my water bottle around with me at work, it is a hassle but staying hydrated will help my energy, moods and eating in moderation.
3. Consider doing light exercise in the morning.
I hope this works otherwise I will never be able to achieve my goal of 100+ pompoms to purchase a fitbit.