things I MUST measure
Thursday, December 13, 2012
There are some things I MUST measure, every single time I eat them.
1) nut butters - peanut, and my recent addiction, almond butter. It is SO easy to pile it on. I have a set of measuring spoons that have a 1/2 TB. size that I use to portion out nut butters
2) Cheese! - I asked DH for a slice of cheese last night for my salmon burger, and when I saw he was slicing it with a knife, not my precisely calibrated cheese cutter (it's not really calibrated, but I know 4 half swipes = 1oz.) I knew it was going to be too much. "Is that thin enough?" uh...yeah...for YOU, who doesn't counthis calories! When he went back to slice some for himself, I split mine in half and snuck the rest to Princess...
3) Wheat Thins - must.count.out. a cracker at a time, or I will eat the entire box. Same with Goldfish pretzels. 15 - not 14, not 16 :-)
4) Greek yogurt out of the big bucket. I've been buying the Chobani fat-free vanilla in the big bucket and doling it out 6 oz. (the size of the small container) at a time for my chocoyogurt. It gives me room in my plastic container to put the cocoa at the bottom instead of the top, because when I try to stir it in in the little tub, it goes *everywhere*!
5) Nuts - 7! walnuts in my oatmeal is plenty. If I don't count them out, I could eat them by the handful until I was sick :-(
6) Granola - if I have any hope of not tanking my calories for the day, I'd best get out that 1/2 cup measuring cup! I could snack on granola all freakin' day! yes, and gain back all 60 lbs. along with most of their friends and relatives.
These items are ones that I truly believe I will measure out for the rest of my life, from habit as much as just from a recognition that, left to my own devices, I would go completely off the rails with them.