1. I am still in a state of shock--last night, before turning off the computer , I left a comment regarding a new movie called, "Dijango Unchained"--OMG! You would have thought the South was on the battlefields AGAIN! I said that it sounds like a Mel Brooks film --I woke up to 800 YES! 800!! notifications--I thought the civil war had started again.
2) On the funny side--in yesterday's snail mail I got a 72 cents royalty for a book I wrote in 2006--by the way they took out 28 cents withholding tax!!
3) I am debating whether to continue my "7 Decades Series" now or wait until after New Year's Day--I really appreciate all the mail I have been getting about it--thanks.
4) I know it doesn't mean much to non New Yorkers but the Stage Deli closed--if people remember it was where I went for a Hymie's Special that night in March, 1967, that I contemplated suicide--it was such a great restaurant.
5) In 6 days I go to see "Sister Act" on stage and in 20 days, on New Year's Day, I go see "Mary Poppins" on stage BUT, MORE IMPORTANT, in 14 days I will have Allen's car for 2 weeks!!!!
6) I am really looking forward to the "Les Miserables" film opening on Christmas Day--hope it is as good as "Dreamgirls" on Christmas Day a few years ago--I went to see it about 10 times after that and bought the DVD--Come on "LM" come through for me. By the way I see the touring company AGAIN when it comes to Miami for my unbirthday in February!
7) I believe in being politically correct--it only shows you have manners so what's bad about that? Think what you want but be polite to people.
8) I haven't done too bad with my 'no political comments' though I did come to slipping a few times
9) Don't pay attention to me (if you do) when I boast how warm (86 degrees here today) it is in Fort Lauderdale or how cold it is when it gets to 60 degrees--that's why I love it here!
10) For those who are interested in self publishing Time magazine had an excellent article covering all aspects in the December 10 issue.
11) Take a look at zestformemphis.com great for last minute gifts (even for yourself!!! And you can share one or two with me--I love them!)
12) I use to love to cook and I was good--and gave dinner parties--but being alone I usually bake, roast, broil or microwave something--one of the many reasons I like to eat out!
13) Does anyone know what the "Federal Subscriber Charge for $6.12" on AT&T bills? I couldn't get anyone there to explain it to me!!
14) Going to, staying in Memphis? Stop at Berclairhouse.com great, comfortable B&B
And last, but not least, since it is that time of the year and I haven't posted it in a while here are my philosophies of life:
A) Eliminate the word 'try' from a sentence and it becomes a positive sentence
B) Use the word won't instead of can't--at least it makes you honest'
C) Never say never
D) Using curse words only make you sound rude, crude and dumb
E) No use of cellphones in public
F) Except on Twitter don't abbreviate words
G) Eliminate all negative people from your life
H) Manners will always make you shine.
(Okay so E and F are new ones--from me!!!)
Thank you Maria