Wednesday, December 12, 2012
I feel pretty strong today.
Here's what I know:
1. It took me a lot of years to acquire this weight. While I would love to write a similar story as I have often read at sparkpeople that I was one of those folks who lost all 100 lbs in a year. Unfortunately, that is not indicative of me and that is ok. I shouldn't feel discouraged. But I do weigh 15% less now than I did this time last year.
2. This time last year, I was a very infrequent exerciser. While I am far from perfect and I have large opportunity on the consistency front...I still exercise more times than not which is a huge improvement over last year.
3. I can say the same about my food choices as I said about exercising in point #2.
4. My goal for the remainder of 2012 and 2013 is to reduce my body weight another 15%. Not a lofty goal since this will get me into the overweight range and out of the obese range. But it is progress.
5. This time last year, I couldn't EVEN IMAGINE getting up at 4:15 AM just to exercise BUT now, this is my norm.
6. I hated strength training this time last year and only did cardio. I am strength training 3 times per week sometimes to the detriment of cardio....an area of improvement but I know I will tackle the issue on combining cardio and strength training.
7. When I had scheduling constraints with my calendar in the evening, I would just give up on the concept of exercising for that day. Now I look at my calendar and figure out how I can accomodate.
Make it a good one!