Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Prevent Exercise-Induced Migraines
Do you ever finish a good workout with a wonderful exercise high, only to have it diminished by a pounding headache? Activities such as running, rowing, tennis, swimming and weight lifting tend to be some of the most common activities to precipitate these "exertion headaches," which are common among migraine sufferers.
To prevent them in the future:
• Always warm up and cool down for several minutes
• Try a lower workout intensity
• Breathe slowly and deeply during your workout
• Have a light carbohydrate snack right after exercise
• Drink plenty of water before, during and after exercise
• Drink a cup of coffee before a strenuous workout.
LINK TO THIS___---------